Tanzania Bay Pride
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

۞Sun※Wolves۞

Go down

۞Sun※Wolves۞ Empty ۞Sun※Wolves۞

Post  Phia Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:37 am

Starring:
Dinesh- Father of Phia- ۞Sun※Wolves۞ 10hvv3a

The Beginning
A mother wolf cleans her three newborn pups. One of them is as red as the sun, the other two a red- brown colour. The mother looks up and perks her ears at the sound of swift footsteps. A larger male red wolf enters the den, with a distinct scar down his face. The Alpha wolf of this pack. He looks closely at the three squirming pups and nuzzles them. He is the father of these pups. “Three more beautiful members to our pack. Two a fine red wolf colour, and one as red as a forest fire. Looks as strong as one too” The mother replies
“Yes Dinesh. These pups are the future of our pack. The next generation.”
Dinesh nods his broad head, and sniffs them. “Red wolves are dying out. Hunted for our beautiful coats. We need every pup we can get, and here we have three. As alpha of this pack, one of the only surviving red wolf packs, it is my duty to find more wolves, keep the pack going and to protect you the best I can. Fox, as alpha female of this pack, you know it is your duty to make sure the younger members are safe, and are brought up to know how special each and every one of them is.”
Fox whines, and looks at the three tiny pups, and back up to Dinesh. He guesses what she is whining about, and lays down, looking closely at the pups. He puts his big paw near one of the two normal colouring pups, and names them all. “Edom. The meaning red.” He turns to the next pup, almost identical to Edom. “Faolan, meaning little wolf.” He then turns to the third pup, the flame red one. “Phia. This little pup is such a unique colour, it means nothing. A unique name for a unique wolf.”

Chapter 1

Fox gets up and stretches her legs, before peering out into the blinding early morning sun. It has been the first light she has seen in days, as she had been looking after Phia, Edom and Faolan in the darkness of the hollow tree. They were a bit bigger now, and she felt safe to go and join the rest of the pack for a bit. She trotted towards them, and when Dinesh saw her approach, he ran to her. “where are the pups? Nothing bad has happened has it?” Fox shook her head and replied “no, no, everything is fine. I just thought I would join the pack for a bit.” Dinesh sighed , relieved that everything was fine. He went back to the large rock he owned on, known as the Throne. “Pack, I have a important announcement to make. Me and Fox’s new pups are due to come out the den any day now, and become part of the Ancient Forest Pack”

Back at the den, Phia was playing with her brothers, and teasing them, as neither of them were as strong as she. It was only puppy play, as they had not fully learnt to walk yet, let alone run. Phia was simply gnawing their paws, and they couldn’t chew as hard as her, so they were whining piteously. They did not know that they were so precious to the pack, the future of it.

Sitting with the pack, watching them do there morning routines, was a small wolf, only a yearling, named Rogue. Rouge was a mischievous half red, half grey wolf, and was shunned by the pack because of it. He had no real friends, and hoped to be put on pup sitting duty, so he could make friends with Edom, Phia and Faolan. He knew this was not likely as he was part grey wolf, and the others thought he might kill the red wolf pups. Rouge, though mischievous and daring, was not a cold hearted pup killer. Fox knew this, and Rouge hoped she would have a word with Dinesh and tell him this, so he could look after the tiny wolves. He thought over how he could get them to like him, and what he could do to keep them all safe. He knew he would only get one shot at this job, and if he failed, he would never get to looks after pups again. He may even be exiled!

Fox was on her way back to the den, looking at the sky and smiling. Life was good, she thought. She was alpha female of one of the only red wolf packs on the world, she had three healthy pups, she had a strong caring mate, what more could she ask for? But as she approached the den, getting nearer and nearer she could smell something was not right. When she reached the den, Fox poked her head through the entrance. She could not see anything out of the ordinary so she took her head out and looked around her. She saw ducks on the river... squirrels in the trees... bear hiding in a bush... when she saw the last one, her ears went flat and she started snarling, and that snarl turned into a howl, a howl for the pack to help her. But they had all gone out hunting... except one. Rouge. He heard her desperate howl and ran in the direction of what he knew was the den. When he reached it he saw Fox snarling and howling for all she was worth, while a huge grizzly bear crept closer... and closer... Fox saw Rouge and barked in relief, but then her face turned from s look of delight to a look of disappointment as she saw he was on his own. Rouge ignored the look and ran up to Fox. “I know I’m not strong enough to chase off that bear, but I will do all I can to save the pups. We have to get moving, pick up a pup and let’s go!” Fox wasn’t used to being ordered around, especially not by an ignored yearling. But she saw he was right, and grabbed a pup, Faolan. Rouge just in front of her with another pup, Phia. They ran from the bear, two of the pups hanging from their mouths. The bear growled after them, and started to approach the entrance of the den they had abandoned. Fox whined and cried out, knowing that Edom was still in there. The bear scratched at the entrance, making it bigger so he could get to the little pup. It had just widened it enough so he could fit through, when a red blur flew at the bear. It was Dinesh. He had heard the whines of Fox when he was bringing down a weak cow elk, and had ran to her aid. He now fought the bear, trying to keep out of the way of its strong jaws, while being hit at with its mighty paws. Rouge saw that Dinesh was losing, as the bear was much more powerful. He slipped past the fighting pair, unnoticed as they were to engrossed in their own battle, and gently picked up Edom. He backed out the den, but this time he wasn’t quite so lucky. The bear spotted him and charged towards him, going for the kill. But not if Rouge could help it. He may not be all that strong or popular, but he was fast. He almost flew past the jaws of the charging bear, and reached fox. Her and him turned, took what might be their last look at Dinesh, and ran. Fox carrying Faolan and Rouge carrying Edom. Neither of them remembered they had three pups, and one of them was still back near the battle. Phia. She started to whine, a big mistake. She yelped and yelped with her tiny puppy lungs, crying out for one of her pack to save her. None of her pack heard her, but however, the bear did. He swept Dinesh to the side- a tired, injured Dinesh- and made towards Phia, with no intention of helping her. The bear was dangerously close to Phia now, and began to sniff her, seeing how good she would be to eat. The bear opened his huge jaws, and a snarl sounded through the forest. Not a bear snarl, but a pack snarl. They had seen Dinesh run back, and when they heard the snarling, they had run back to help their leader. The pack of 23 shot at the bear, running towards it like an angry mob. The bear, startled by this outburst, decided it would be better to find a easier meal. Aisha, a two year old female, quickly snatched up Phia, and ran in the scent direction of Fox and Rouge. The rest of the pack stayed with a very weak Dinesh. They flocked around him, licking his wounds clean of blood. Some of them looked up now and again, looking for the return of Fox and the pups, but they didn’t come. Dinesh passed out from loss of blood, and the pack had to drag him to the nearest den, so he would be out of the cold.

Chapter 2

Aisha had caught up with Fox and Rouge, and they were now hiding, along with the three tiny pups, in a rock formation. It was very small and cramped, so they were very uncomfortable. They knew they couldn’t go back until morning, as there were now many grizzly bears on the prowl for food. They had already had one encounter with a grizzly, and had not enjoyed it. The pups slept soundly, slightly squashed between the adults that were making room for them. Aisha got to sleep fairly fast as she had just run for a few miles with Phia, trying to catch up with the others. Rouge, nearest to the front of the den, was most cold and curled up into a tight ball before going to sleep. Last to get to sleep was Fox. She had a number of things on her mind. One of them was getting the pups home tomorrow, how Dinesh was, and also doubts about whether she was a good mother. This last one came around by her leaving Phia at the den, and if it wasn’t for her faithful mate she would not be here with her, sleeping against her, making tiny whimpers now and again. These thoughts bothered her, dancing around her head and coming back in cruel nips, like a swarm of angry mosquitoes. Eventually, at six o’clock in the morning, she gave up on the idea on getting any sleep at all and awoke Rouge and Aisha. They gathered up the pups carefully; Fox carrying Phia, Rouge carrying Edom and Aisha carrying Faolan. Then they cautiously poked their heads out of the temporary shelter, sniffed the air for any form of danger, and set off. Rouge leading the way, scenting the ground every now and then. He led them around trees, through bushes and the undergrowth of the great pine forest. He eventually reached the small ring of trees, marking the beginning of the Ancient Forest Packs territory. Aisha barked thankfully, but Fox still looked worried. She was thinking that Dinesh might be dead, or at the least permanently injured. Aisha and Rouge ran ahead, thankful not to be in unknown territory anymore. Fox went more cautiously, a little pup hanging from her careful jaws. When she eventually reached the pack, she saw that Edom and Faolan had been returned to the hollow tree. Fox approached the pack, her eyes darting around trying to spot Dinesh. She couldn’t see him, so ran up to the pack and placed Phia in the centre, then ran off not giving them time to greet her. Rouge came and picked up Phia, and followed Fox, who was heading to the hollow tree. Fox had reached the den, and took a deep breath as she was feeling faint, thinking Dinesh had gone. But when she ducked her head inside the entrance, she saw a large brown- red wolf, playing with Edom and Faolan, a wolf with a familiar scar down his face...

It was Dinesh. Fox felt like he had come back from the dead as he almost looked his old self. But when she looked closer, she saw he was a little thinner, and had a new scar going down the right hand side of his neck. The fight with the bear was still visible, but Fox didn’t care. She was so happy he was alive and well she ran full speed towards him and pounced on him, licking him and whining. Dinesh looked completely startled, but then realised it was Fox, and jumped up, dancing around her. Rouge approached the hollow tree with Phia in his mouth, and watched the two alphas greet and play with each other. He dropped Phia outside the den, and barked to let them know he was there. He then left,
leaving Fox and Dinesh to get the pups sorted. After the excitement of seeing each other had wore off a little, Fox snatched up Phia and lay her down next to her brothers. Dinesh had to leave to bring order to the pack, which was now dancing around and barking, not knowing what to do now the pups had returned. This left Fox on her own to care for the pups. She nuzzled them all, then whispered to Phia “I’m sorry, my flame red princess, I will never ever leave you, never ever again...”
At the Throne, Dinesh was trying his best to get order to the pack. Due to him being weak from the bear fight, is strong voice wasn’t as powerful as it was. It turned out Aisha had to howl to make the pack listen to him, and even then they whined and scratched, not listening properly. “LISTEN! I need the main hunters to go out hunting... i wont be joining you as my back is still killing me, but me, Aisha, Fox and the pups need quite a bit of food to become strong as we were again.”
Rouge looked mournful when he heard his name not mentioned, and dared to creep up to the alpha, and whisper “I need food to... I did my bit in helping the pups...” Dinesh whipped his head around, forgetting about his back and scars, “how... DARE YOU! I bet it was YOUR entire fault in the FIRST place! JELOUS of us pure bred red wolfs? Think you can make yourself feel BETTER by luring a BEAR to the den that the pups were in?” with each word he shouted, he shoved Rouge hard with his head. On the last push, Rouge lost his grip on the Throne and fell about five feet to the ground. He got up, physically unhurt but inside his feelings were shattered. The only reason Dinesh hadn’t banned him was because his mother was a excellent fighter, and if he went, she would go with him. Dinesh didn’t want to lose one of his best fighters, even if he did have to put up with a half grey wolf in his pack. But as long as he did put up with him, he didn’t have to be nice at all. With a little luck, Rouge would soon disperse to find a mate, then the pack will be pure red wolfs only. Dinesh sighed and glared after Rouge, then slumped down onto the Throne and yawned. His back hurt him and his new scar kept splitting and bleeding. He let Aisha control the pack for a while, seeing as she was beta. After a little bit he got bored and headed back to the den, to see if Fox and the pups were ok. He peeked his head through and watched as Fox groomed the tiny pups. He crawled in and lay down next to her. He helped her groom the pups and then yawned. Fox sighed, knowing that Dinesh was a strong wolf and would make a full recovery, but in the meantime it was hard looking after him as well as the pups.
Fox watched the pack head off to their own individual dens, then she rested her weary head on her paws, and slept, dreaming of her old pups, and how much easier things were then. Not many bears came to the den... Dinesh was stronger... Rouge didn’t exist...
Yes, it’s true. Dinesh isn’t actually that young. He and Fox had previously had about five litters. A fair bit of the pack conceded of their pups. Dinesh was stronger back then, as now he wasn’t old, but was past the prime of his life. Fox is younger, and still counted as quite young. Form their first litter, only one survived out of five. That was when they were inexperienced, and if what had happened for the past few days had happened then, none would have survived. The only survivor of their first litter wouldn’t have survived. Aisha.

Chapter 3

Four weeks passed without any excitement happening. Dinesh got better and was able to take control of the pack again, and, of course, the pups grew larger. They could now walk, run and play properly, as well as speak.

Phia hid in a corner, sadly watching her brothers play with each other. They ignored her and Faolan called her devil wolf, because of her red fur. Every time he came near she shrunk away, scared of him mocking her. Edom was more gentle, and didn’t like to play fight much with Faolan. He didn’t insult Phia the way his brother did, but he didn’t pay much attention to her. She turned her back on them both, closing her eyes and drooping her ears. She didn’t hear Faolan creep up to her, stalking her as if she were prey. In a flash of browny- red, he pounced on her, making her crash to the floor and cut her lower jaw on the rough tree root. That was when Phia discovered her true fighting ability. She flew at Faolan like a red strike of lightning, while Edom crept out the den, scared. Phia pinned her brother to the floor, snarling for all she was worth. Faolan had never seen this side to Phia, and it quite scared and shocked him. He couldn’t move as her strong paws were holding him to the floor, and he couldn’t fight back as it was quite obvious who would win. Phia saw her brother was scared, sensing the fear, and let him go. Faolan turned and fled out the den... running straight into Fox.
He started a fake act, to deliberately get poor Phia into trouble. He started to limp, and whine, and when his mother asked what was wrong, he pointed a shaking paw in Phia’s direction.
Phia
Phia
Pride Leader

Respect : 644

https://tanzaniabaypride.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum